Call for abstract: November 1st, 2015
The organizing committee of the 8th International Congress welcomes abstracts on advances in Shwachman-Diamond syndrome pertinent to
- diagnosis, clinical features, natural history and molecular genetics
- nutritional aspects
- cellular and animal models
- ribosomal deficiency and molecular functions of SBDS
- hematological disease and immunodeficiency
- bone marrow failure and transformation
- neurobiology: from development to learning and behaviour
- dental, bone and skeletal involvement
- pancreatic function
- management and coordinated care
- therapeutic possibilities
Abstracts should include title, authors and affiliations as well as a main body describing either basic or clinical research studies (with purpose, hypothesis, methods, results and conclusions) or case-based studies (with purpose, methods, results, implications and applications).
Note - the presenting author should:
- include an asterisk (*) after their last name in the author submission section
- indicate in the abstract text box-template if she/he is - a) Trainee, b) Investigator, c) Research Coordinator or d) Other (descriptor/title).
- indicate in the abstract text box-template if the preferred format is a) oral and poster presentation or b) poster presentation only
WORD LIMIT: 300
Abstracts are to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org using the enclosing template
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: Monday, February 29, 2016
Acceptance to Present: Friday, March 4, 2016
Trainee Award Fellowship Applications: all trainees will be asked to have their supervisors/departments declare the presenter is a trainee – graduate student, post-doctoral fellow (clinical or basic).
Posters must be max 95 cm in width by 140 cm in lenght. (Poster boards size: 100 x 140 cm + 60cms support legs)
The Organizing Secretariat will provide you with the necessary material to hang your poster.
By agreeing to present your accepted abstract, you (and your co-presenter(s), if applicable):
- Must register and pay by Friday, March 11, 2016
- Must pay all expenses to attend the conference (e.g., preparation of the poster, registration fee, travel, hotel, etc.)
Correspondence will be with submitting author ONLY.
Quinlan Kohn Scholarship
"It's a pleasure to announce the opportunity for four scholarships for US researchers less than 40 years old at the time of the meeting. The goal of this scholarship is to support the next generation of SDS research. The grant covers costs for travel and accommodations and will be awarded to four researchers whose abstracts are selected for oral presentation and considered worthy of mention at the scientific meeting. This opportunity is generously offered by the Kohn family and named Quinlan Kohn Scholarship in honor of their 8 year son and other children with SDS to give children the best opportunity for a thriving future. The Conference Scientific Committee will provide complementary registration to the awardees.
Winners will be notified approximately two weeks after the deadline for abstract submission."