Venue, Hotels & Info
Palazzo della Gran Guardia – Piazza Bra, 1 - 37121 Verona (I)
The Palace is located in a strategic position, in the center of the city of Verona, in front of the Arena of Verona and a few steps from the suggested hotels.
Building started in the first half of the 17th century, in the baroque style, it was designed to counterbalance the Arena. Due to a short age of funds the work was interrupted, only to be completed (along with the steps) two centuries later in 1836. The edifice was initially built by Domenico Cartoni, a pupil of Sanmicheli, for military purposes – on rainy days troops could also be reviewed under the building’s wide porch.
It has recently been restored and is now an important convention centre hosting exhibitions, cultural events and fairs.
How to reach Verona and the Congress Venue
- Valerio Catullo Airport' (www.aeroportoverona.it) - in Verona-Villafranca is 12 Km far from Verona city centre. A fly bus service (AEROBUS) is provided by ATV buses that run every 20 minutes, leaving from the airport and reaching the railway station 'Verona Porta Nuova', which is about 1.000 meters far from the Hotels located in Corso Porta Nuova street. The ticket can be bought on board (€ 6).
A taxi transfer will cost from 22,00 to 28,00 euro depending on the hour (day or night time).
- If you arrive in Milano Malpensa Airport the journey to get to Verona might take 3 hours by train.
- If you arrive in Milano Linate Airport the journey to get to Verona might take 2 hours by train.
- If you arrive in Milan - Orio al Serio Airport in Bergamo you need to reach Milan railway by bus and from there you can reach Verona Porta Nuova by train.
- If you arrive in Marco Polo Airport in Venice it might take up 2 hours to get to Verona.
- 'Verona Porta Nuova' railway station is about 1.000 meters far from the Hotels in Corso Porta Nuova and the Location of the Congress.
- From Motorway A4 (Milano-Venezia): exit Verona Sud, follow the traffic signs 'Centro' after Verona Fair. After the overpass, go straight at the light stop and you will be in Corso Porta Nuova; distance: 4Km;
- Radiotaxi - tel. 0039 (0)45 532666
Verona, located in the north east part of the Italian peninsula, is 59 meters above sea level.
The city experiences hot summers and cold, humid winters, even though tempered by Lake's Garda influence.
The climate in Verona in April is usually pleasant, with peaks of 20-22 degrees.
We have negotiated special room rates at a selection of accommodations located close by Gran Guardia Palace , the venue of the Congress.
Please apply directly to the preferred Hotel to check the room’s availability and make your booking.
In order to access to the below rates, please give them the group reference “SDS Verona Congress”.
The following rates are per room, per night, including breakfast and taxes:
for single use
p.p. per day
|D Grand Hotel ****
Corso Porta Nuova 105
firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. +39 045595600
|B Hotel Verona ***
Corso Porta Nuova 47/49
email@example.com Ph. +39 045595944
|C Hotel Trieste**S
Corso Porta Nuova, 57
firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. +39 045596022
|€ 85,00 – 96,00
||€ 114,00 – 129,00
|E Hotel Leon D’Oro ****
Viale Piave, 5
email@example.com Ph. +39 0458445142
Free Parking benefit reserved for this Congress
There is also a large variety of unique and homely B&B in Verona. Please see the Bed & Breakfast Association of Verona website www.veronabedandbreakfast.it
Remember: choose your accommodation in the City centre or in 'Corso Porta Nuova' street.
Visa Invitation Letter
If you require a letter of invitation in order to obtain a travel visa or to raise travel funds please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This invitation for participants does not, in any way, financially oblige the Congress Organization for the expenses incurred for travel, accommodation or Congress attendance.